Monday, May 30, 2011

Spiral Necklace

  I know I have been neglecting the blog, especially when my mother emails to inquire why I have not updated lately:)
  There are a number of unfinished wire projects strewn about the work area. I would show you, but I'm embarrassed by the sheer volume of incomplete designs I have accumulated since the beginning of the year.
  I did finish something this afternoon just so I could write a blog post. This spiral necklace was inspired by a necklace Lynne Merchant was wearing the day I visited. Only hers was in silver and she had a different configuration of spiral clusters. I thought the clusters of spirals were extremely voluptuous and sensuous and I wanted one for myself.
  The necklace looks great on and feels beautiful laying against the neck.

-----------------------------------------

  This week I have been working on a wire sculpture along the lines of The Tangle and The Vine Pot. I expect to finish in the next week or two. I have not worked a design that requires 40+ hours of time since late last year.

--------------------------
  Mid June is the second anniversary of this blog. I have a few things I'll want to say about that in the coming weeks.

 -----------
  Thank you to all who left comments last week. Blogger was acting up and it was impossible to respond, but I appreciate you.

3 comments:

  1. This neackle is very very good... and sexy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! As I do love spirals, I can feel this design calling to me. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete